Evolution of an InDesign resume
As a very early assignment in my Cronkite School Advanced Editing class, we made graphic representations of our resume.
My first attempt was ambitious but poorly executed. I used similar colors to my website to create some flow there. I was bale to get a head shot on the page, and break up the monotony with banners for each place I’ve worked.
However, the first iteration was weirdly spaced. My photo looked a little lost in the bottom corner, and there were too many lines. So, I back to the proverbial drawing board (otherwise known as my InDesign document) and designed a new one.
The new version has a better photo placement and is a little tighter all around. Since I gave so much visual weight to the chronological section, I decided to move skills and education to the top of the page.